100% Guaranteed Remediation
- No line item pricing
- Price includes EVERYTHING in the home to be knob and tube free/ NO additional charges
100% House protection
- Dust Free collection system- Protects the home from Lead exposure as well as plaster debris
- Floor protection- Ram board (Best option to protect hardwood floors)
- Second option – drop cloths
- Furniture protection – Ram board shell with a plastic cover (best for valuables)
- Plaster patching- Best Quality- hard backer patch- restores the beauty of plaster walls
- Filler patch – fills the hole made, often the quicker method
- Surface patching- covers the hole, then a skim coat is applied (flippers choice)
- All surfaces are wiped down multiple times (baseboards, window trims, bathrooms, kitchens)
- Hardwood floors are mopped and finished with Murphy’s Oil
- All trash is removed from site
Since we started our company, we have been on a mission to make the homes of our neighbors more safe. One of the biggest threats out there is knob and tube wiring, an antiquated form of wiring comprised of ceramic knobs and wires that are wrapped in cloth fabric.
Because of the many risks associated with antiquated wiring, rewiring is crucial for the safety of those living in the home and also in order to get homeowners insurance. Here are some reasons why knob and tube wiring is so hazardous:
- Its load capacity is much lower. Knob and tube wiring systems were developed for a time when people used far less electricity and are often integrated into more modern, non-compatible junction boxes. This combination of factors makes for shoddy electric.
- It poses a tremendous fire hazard. Along with the general fire risks associated with old and unkempt wiring, the volatile wires are literally wrapped in flammable material.
- Knob and tube can damage sensitive equipment. When knob and tube wiring was designed, there were no computers, microwaves or televisions. Unstable connections can lead to power surges which can fry your technology.
We have devoted over 10 years honing in on a very difficult task, replacing knob and tube wiring without damaging the home. Our practices include floor protection and plaster repair. We understand our task isn’t easy, but it has been well worth it. We have mastered the art of rewiring a home with quality and safety first and foremost.